Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decorah, White Rock, Sidney, and Nelly the Rag Doll

Hello to all my followers, few as you are! I never thought I would sit for hours on end watching live eagle cams. But I can, so I am.
Here's one of my favorites, from Decorah, Iowa!

(since I havent figured out how to put a blue link right here please copy & paste and bear with me)

www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Please comment below and tell me what you think! And please email me at cocobeanzcreations@yahoo.com if you have blogging how-to instructions for dingbat bird watchers, like myself!

There are many nests on wildearth.tv!! It should be a requiremet of life that you go and see them. I will list them for you. Just remember to C&P until I learn how to make a link for you.

One of the nests is in Canada, the Sidney nest, I can barely stand to watch. There are now 3 baby eaglets. They are so cute but one of them, the biggest one, pecks the others and is soooo mean when Ma or Pa bring in food, and many times the two little ones dont get as much. Oh, I have to quit fretting about these birds. They are in CANADA for crying out loud.
http://www.wildearth.tv/sidney-eagle-nest-02

Newly hatched baby eagly with one egg yet to hatch is this nest (this one is in HD and has awesome color)
http://www.wildearth.tv/hwf-whiterock-01

But. It's important that people, like me, keep up with stuff like this. We're talking about BALD EAGLES people. Up close and personal!
People actually make a living studying them (why I didn't decide to do that as a career I will always regret)
Three babies were banded this morning and the video for that will be up soon!
Who would NOT want to see that!!
You can read about the banding and watch this nest too! The babies are safely back in their nest.

http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html

Moving on ---its Easter weekend and my birthday----and instead of partying it up like I used to do....I sit here making a rag doll named Nelly and watching the nests of SEVEN bald eagles and their babes. How much more to life is there????

Did you know an eagle nest can span up to 7 feet in diameter?

Love you all......all SEVEN of you!
p.s. getting new digital camera today and will post pics soon (none of me though! BLAH!)..and I promise next time I will know how to post the blue link so all you have to do is click and there you'll be!

Whatcha doin' to celebrate Easter?

1 comment:

antmee said...

Hi! Can't wait to see a picture of your rag doll Nelly!