Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crying over a ham sandwich....and healing my heart with a Teddy Bear


Ya'll should be real proud of me! Two days in a row with a blog entry! Go Laurie!
I had to wait until I stopped crying though, before I could even see my keyboard :-(

WHY? OK. Just a while ago I heard my husband in the kitchen rustling around with grocery sacks (he takes his lunch in a used Kroger or Walmart sack, and not the NICE insulated ones I have spent top dollar on). Anyway, when I heard him in the kitchen I went to find he was packing his lunch. Normally, I always do it.
It ruffled my feathers.

Last evening, before Dancing With The Stars came on, I had been cutting out pattern pieces for a stuffed teddy bear (another story). It was during that time me and Big Daddy (what I have called my husband for 22 years) had an argument. A STUPID argument. Over miscommunication between two parents and a teenager. Nobodys fault other than MINE. Long Story and its pointless. So we argued, I got mad and upset......over NOTHING.

I went to bed mad and in complete silence. A No-No for ANYONE.

So this morning, when it was too late for me to make the lunch, and realized HE had to make it I started balling like a baby! I am a very sensitive person. I felt like the worst, meanest, hateful, unloving, ungiving, selfish wife that ever lived! Poor man had to fix his own lunch because his wife is a mean hateful you-know-what.

So, my inner voice told me to stop crying, say a prayer, and get LET IT GO. I have asked the Good Lord to let me live another day so I can make sure I pack him a wonderful lunch for work tomorrow....or better yet, make a fantabulous dinner tonight.

I am about to make my teddy bear........will blog about that as it ain't just any old teddy bear...that will get my mind off that ham sandwich and fighting with my husband. I never want to fight. I want to LOVE.

What was the point to all of this?
1. Never go to bed mad. With ANYONE. Never.
2. Always fix your husbands lunch to take to work! Stop sewing long enough, only takes a few minutes :-)
3. Communicate, and LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Now I am ready to start this day over on the right foot. It will haunt me forever though, living with the fact that I was mean to my husband and there were days he had to make his own lunch.

I can't wait for ya'll to see this teddy bear. I might name him Hammy.